Sunday, November 28, 2010

Calendar Class: Day 1 - Prep

After PTI introduced their calendar set a few months back I took a poll among my stamp camp group to see if there was interest.  I thought there might be a couple people who wanted to make a calendar, but was completely blown away that most of the group wanted to ... what had I gotten myself into !!

I knew it would be a lot of prep work and since I had the week of Thanksgiving off I figured that would be the majority of what I did while on vacation. 

I started with this stack of paper:

my big shot and the calendar die :

and a fully loaded NetFlixWatch Instant queue!  :)  Three episodes of Stargate SG1 Season 2 later, I had all the paper cut and ready for class:




I decided to to make the cover for everyone.  I used a basic red/black/white color scheme since the calendar itself is so colorful.  I'll be going through each "quarter: through out the week with more details, but today I'll just show the cover


I used the lined paper stamp from Its Official along with a few stamps from the Calendar Basics set to make this.


Stay tuned for tomorrow's preview of January, February and March!

Thanks for stopping by

{Calendar Cover Supplies }
Stamps: Its Official, Calendar Basics [PTI]
Ink: True Black, Pure Poppy [PTI]
Paper:White, Black [SU!]
Other: Calendar Die, CD Cases [PTI]

No comments:

Post a Comment