Sunday, November 21, 2010

Curly topped book mark table decoration

Well that's a mouthful to say out loud and probably my longest blog title ever!  A friend of mine is hosting a holiday dinner party and wanted to have a Christmas table decoration.  She showed me a picture in a magazine of a book mark with "Joy" on it ... I had to one up that.


Ya got yur ribbon, ya got yer bling ... what else could you need for a holiday party!


Instead of die cutting an "o" I used the leafy wreath from Wreath for all Seasons.  I colored some rhinestones with an R59 Copic sketch marker for the red ones  to put on the green book marks and decided to leave them the plain/clear on the red book marks.

The curly tops are baked grosgrain ribbon (I kid you not)  I saw the tutorial a year or so ago on-line and love the look.  You wrap grosgrain ribbon tightly around a wooden dowel (the smaller the dowel the tighter the curl).  Secure each end with a wooden clothes pin and bake at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes.  Let it cool, remove from dowel and use it however you like.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment