Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You are my sunshine

Feeling the need for some sunshine so I made this card:


I created the cloud strips by adhering the blue strips to a piece of scrap cs.  I ran the whole thing through my sizzix using he back side of the PTI cloud dies (Nichole had posted once that the PTI dies are made they way they are so you can use the front side to cut and the back side to emboss if you want ... I want ... thank you very much :)

The ribbon treatment I was just playing around with but I like how it turned out.  I edged the striped layer with scor-tape and then corkscrewed the grosgrain along the edge adhering it to the tape.  I then sewed a running stitch along it to hold in place better and flatten down the loops.

I created the sentiment in Adobe Photoshop, inserted into a Word document then printed.

{Supplies}
Paper: Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, More Mustard, So Saffron [Stampin’ Up 
Misc: Inverted scalloped circle nestabilities, circle nestabilities [Spellbinders];
Lemon Tart vintage button, Cloud dies [Papertrey Ink]; White grosgrain ribbon [Stampin’ Up!]
Fonts: Times New Roman, Shelter Me

No comments:

Post a Comment