Saturday, November 27, 2010

Magnetic Book Mark

I saw the coolest little magnetic book mark at the coffee shop I frequent.  I looked it over and thought ... I can make that :)

I ran some Early Espresso paper  through my Xyron with the magnet cartridge loaded.  Then I trimmed 2 pieces down to 1.5" square.  I had to sand the surface with a coarse grade sandpaper because adhesive would not adhere to the slick surface (yes I learned this the hard way ... this is actually the second one I made ... the first kept sliding around!)


 I cut a strip 1.5" by 2.25" and scored it at 1.5"  This was used to adhere the two magnets together.  I used Zip Dry to adhere the strip t the magnets so that it will have a good strong hold.  I played around with my new Banner Builder set and made a little decoration for the front side.  Since this is a prototype and I'm trying to figure out how to make this easy for a stamp camp project, I didn't decorate the back side, but you could do that in a heart beat if you wanted.

And there it is marking a spot on a stray piece of card stock :)

Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies}
Stamps: Banner Builder, Take Note [PTI]
Ink: Early Espresso, [SU!]; Pure Poppy [PTI]
Paper: Early Espresso,. Crumb Cake [SU!]; Pure Poppy [PTI]
Dies: Banner Builder
Other: Xyron with magnet cartridge

1 comment: