Friday, November 19, 2010

What makes it masculine?

To me its color ... darker colors, blues and green s and browns.  Here is a masculine card I made:


To make the 3D stars, I punched out stars using my large and small star punches.  Then I scored from each point down.  Once all 5 scores were made I crimped the star up along the scor marks into the center (this is from a tutorial that I saw on line ... I'm sorry I did not write down who did it).  I mounted all the stars on foam tape.


For the sail boat I stamped the outline sails on the white focal layer then again on striped paper from Cosmo Cricket's The Boyfriend minideck.  I cut and mounted the sails using foam tape as well.


Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies}
Stamps: Men of Life [Papertrey Ink]
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, Whisper White [Stampin’ Up!]; The Boyfriend [Cosmo Cricket]
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke 
Misc: Distressed texture plate, Big Shot [Sizzix], Large and small star punch [Stampin’ Up!], twine

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with those stars! How creative that was and looks very realistic. You did a great job with the sailboat too. Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete