Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kristina Werner Color Challenge - late

I wanted to make this card Saturday but a few things got in my way that I had to take care - no putting off a blown light switch.  So I missed the deadline for the challenge, but still wanted to make the card, so here it is:

I did the layered strip background again - this seemed the perfect challenge for it, with so many colors involved.   I also used my "power piercer" (aka sewing machine) and white gel pen  to faux stitched the striped layer.
For that larger circle layer, I used something I learned over the weekend at a SU! demo meeting (although I don't talk about it much, I have been a demostrator for over 5 yrs now).  That larger 2 " red circle is actually 2 round tab punches layered over each other.  The round edges overlap into a perfect 2" circle - so cool!!!  When you line it up right you can make a perfect 2" hole through a layer too.
After that I stamped a sentiment from Around & About Sentiments and punched with a 1 & 3/8" circle punch.  I finished it up by sewing a red button in the center with white jute.
Thanks for stopping by!
{Congratulations card supplies - All SU! unless noted}
Stamps: Around & About Sentiments (PTI)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Ballet Blue, white
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Tools: sewing machine, paper piercer, circle punch, round tab punch
Embellies: Red button , white jute(PTI), white gel pen

No comments:

Post a Comment