Monday, July 13, 2009

An Apple a Day

My friend's children are so adorable.  You might rememebr Ilze's lady bug and gingham birthday card.  Well she and her brother sent me some apples - little tiny apples - that had fallen from a tree.  But they wanted me to have them - really sweet.

Since they were a little too small - and mushy - to do much with, I decided to make apple prints and send them a thank you card.
I split one apple along the core and the other through the center to expose the hidden "star".  I painted them with olive craft ink and stamped to make the layer.  Some spritzing and heat setting and it was ready to go.
I added some old white viney flower rub ons to a chocolate card base and mounted the apple prints on old olive card stock.  I also added a new leaf vintage button at the end of the vine, tied with jute from PTI.
Then I made the focal apple using my water color wonder crayons and the retired Fresh Fruit set from SU!.  I over spritzed the stamp though after I colored on it and got some drips on the paper, but decided I liked the effect and started shaking off the excess water/color onto the stamped image.
I really like the splattered effect! 
Here is a better view of the apple prints, that I put inside the card
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment