Saturday, July 18, 2009

SFYTT Saturday

I've looked at Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try on many a Saturday, but have never had a free day to actually try it until today.

The girls are with their dad this weekend, I am actually in town and have nothing on the calendar!! That is a rarity in my life this summer. So I am taking full advantage of it, and doing what I want - which is to play with paper (and my dog - Happy birthday to Abby - she is 3 today!

isnt she adorable!  She is a lab mix that our family has been fostering for the last year.  I found out a couple of months ago that we get to keep her so we are all extremely happy and this birthday and the "gotcha" day - when we got her last year -  which is July 20 are going to parties at our house!)

But I digress ...

Cards ... thats why you are here.  Here is my attempt at the SFYTT for today:


I used a Baha Breeze card base played around with text backgrounds to get ready for the blog hop at Papertrey Ink this month. 

On the chocolate layer I used my Friends definition Texture plate from SU! Kit #4.  I had heard that if you spritz the paper you get a better impression so I tried it out - spritzing both sides.  I did get a good impression, but because I so love the distressed look, i dragged my PTI Vintage Cream ink over the impression to bring it out even more.  Added a little Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to age it some more.
For the focal layer I stamped the solid coffee cup from Warm Happiness along with the saucer, using the Baha Breeeze ink.  I added the outline in chocolate then masked and stamped Background Basics: Textstyle over that in Creamy Caramel.  Again with the Tim Holtz distress ink - it matched the caramel amazingly well, and the text behind the mug really makes it pop, don't ya think.
I finished off with a piece of Soho Hardware that says "fabulous"! 
I will use this card to invite my dear friend Dee to coffee.  We meet once a month before I go off to volunteer at a residential facility for at risk kids leading a scrapbook class and she goes off to Toastmasters to astound and amaze the masters with her speaking prowess :o)

Thanks for stopping by!

{Coffee Card supplies}
Stamps: (All PTI) Background Basics: Textstyle, Warm Happiness
Paper: (SU! and PTI) Dark Chocolate, Baha Breezer, Old Olive, vanilla, white
Ink:(SU!) Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Cip, Baha Breeze, (PTI) VIntage Cream, (Tim Holtz) Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Tools: Texture Plates Kit#4, circle punch, Big Shot
Embellies: Soho designer hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment