Sunday, June 20, 2010

Another GTG Challenge

Betsy V has another masculine card challenge this week.  She is focusing on masculine cards and today its masculine color combinations.

This wasn't as much a stretch for me because I tend to shy away from too much pink anyway (unless its hot pink with black ... now THAT is cool!)

One of the combos in the list was right up my alley ....


I also loved the striped pattern that the color swatches made  .... and this week has been about grabbing inspiration from anywhere :)

so this is what I made ....


I used Men of Life and Background Basics: Text Style to create this card.  The striped pattern is Baja Breeze, Marina Mist (new), Night of Navy, Crumb Cake (kraft renamed), and Always Artichoke.    I love the text background .. I just don't like wide open expanses of blank card stock :)


I wanted to use some twine as well (twine being the manly version of ribbon ... and what better way to attach it than with staples


I stamped the sail boat and then cut it with a circle Nestability.  I embossed it and then sponged it with the die still in place



Thanks for stopping by!!

{Supplies - SU! unless noted}
Stamps: [PTI] Men of Life, Background Basics: Text Style
Ink: Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake
Paper: Baja Breeze, Marina Mist (new), Night of Navy, Crumb Cake (kraft renamed), Always Artichoke and White
Tools: Circle Nesties, Big Shot
Other: Twine, stapler

3 comments:

  1. I love this...you did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, Maureen! I love the way you kept the striped pattern of the color swatch! Thanks for playing along!

    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
    Betsy Veldman

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great masculine card. You did a wonderful job using the color palette

    ReplyDelete