Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summery Birthday card

I guess I'm starting to like birds now ... I haven't used birds hardly ever in the 7+ years I've been stamping until I got a bird punch from SU!   Now ... well, I kinda like them. Especially the birds in the Take Three Summer set that came last month at Papertrey.
This card will be for an upcoming class I am holding

Aren't they cute!  They kinda remind me of the partridges in the opening credits of the Partridge Family .... for all you youngsters out there that was a TV show when I was growing up ... Google it, You'll laugh I'm sure (Danny Bonaduce of current Breaking Bonaduce fame started out life as Danny Partridge ... so there is a relevant connection :) 


I used a summery color combo - berry sorbet and soft stone (nope that's not white ... its a super light gray.  I like the lightness of it but it doesn't have that sharp contrast that white would have)


I finished it off with a knot of berry sorbet twill.

Thanks for stopping by

Supplies {All PTI unless noted}
Stamps: Take Three: Summer
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate
Paper: Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate, Soft Stone
Embellies: Berry Sorbet twill
Other: Square punches [SU!]

No comments:

Post a Comment