Thursday, October 21, 2010

67th Anniversary

My aunt and uncle are celebrating 67 years of marriage this month.  I think its amazing to think that they got married, my uncle went off to war (WW II - he was stationed in France), and then when he came back they started their married lives together.   In this day and age of such prevalent divorce, any anniversary is a thing to celebrate.  67 of them is almost mind boggling!

I always make a fall/leaf changing color card for them (well ever since their 60th which is when I started making cards).  For this one I used a crumb cake base (4.25 square) then extended the focal layer over the edge.  I sponged blue and green to anchor the scene and even stamped 2 little love birds in the tree branches.

Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies}
Stamps: Branch Out (tree silhouettes and splatter leaf pattern) [SU!], Fillable Frames #4 (sentiment)Through the Trees (birds) [PTI]
Ink: Dark Chocolate, True Black, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy [PTI]; Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist [SU!]
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, White [SU!]
Other: twine [My Garage]

No comments:

Post a Comment