Sunday, October 31, 2010

My babies brag books

... OK so my babies are both in high school and one is poised to graduated and start her collegiate career this school year.  But a mamma's gotta brag, so I am ...

I used Lisa Johnson's mini-fold book tutorial to make these.  The only change is on Erin's I cut it 3.5 " tall instead of 2.75".  I didn't want to trim out so much of Erin's pictures since for the most part I wouldn't have been able to.  I was able to trim down Nicole's Senior pix much easier.  I think these took maybe an hour each to make ... Lisa's directions are great - simple and straight forward complete with pictures


I decorated each page just on the edges because only a little peaks out from behind the pictures.  I also kept the color schemes pretty simple - brown and pink for Nicole (and pink only because it is on her hat in her pix)  and black and pink for Erin (because I always do black and pink for Erin)


Nicole's pictures are her Senior pix that my friend Tara took.  Erin's are from our family picture session last summer (also taken by Tara), but they captured her so well (from brooding to laughing) that I thought it would be OK to use them  


These little books will be going to my folks for Christmas.  Me and my siblings already got their Christmas present (the 30 yr old washer and dryer needed to be replaced) but I still like to make something for them every year too.

Oh and I didn't get pictures of the book spines, but I did stamp Class of 201X  on the spines(2011 for Colie and 2013 for Rin)


Thanks for stopping by!!

{Supplies}
Stamps: Extreme Elements, Baroque Motifs [SU!]; Background Basics:Text Style, Take Note, For the Graduate, Calendar  Basics [PTI]
Ink: Fresh Snow, True Black, Smokey Shadow[PTI]; Melon Mambo [SU!]
Paper: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Newsprint Patterned [SU!]
Other: Circle punches, corner rounder, Velcro closure

1 comment: