Sunday, April 12, 2009

Administrative Assistants Appreciation Day is coming!

Anyone who works in a large company knows the admins keep the place afloat.  Where I work, if it weren't for our admins most of us wouldn't have a pen to write with.  They are the "go to" people for everything in my office.  I don't think I can even describe all that I know they do, and I'm sure there is so much more that I never even see.  I really do appreciate all they do.

In years past I have gotten a single rose and wrote "For all you do, this buds for you".  Kinda cheesy and a total rip off of Anheiser Busch, but fun and simple and it does let them know I appreciate them.  This year I decided cards were the thing.  And since I now know how simple (and simply amazing) Lauren Meader's My Timeless Templates are, I thought I would go with one of those.

This time I chose the All Boxed Up template. One of the design ideas that came with the template styled it like a purse and I knew when I saw it thats one I had to make!

The box consists of 3 basic pieces - the wrap and 2 inside envelope boxes.  Like last time, you print-cut-score-and go!  I cut patterned paper from PTI's Chocolate Remix collection - and becasue I am digging stitching on cards, after I adhered the patterned paper to the wrap, I ran it all through my sewing machine and put a cream zig zag border all along the front, back, and spine.
Tha handles are chocolate grosgrain.  I hand sewed SU! chocolate corduroy buttons on to hold the handles firmly in place.  The rest of the strap is adhered with redline tape. 
Inside there are 2 boxes to hold cards and evelopes.  I'm sure you could find lots of things to fit in there for other gift ideas too!  I just went with a simple matching layer to tie the inside and outside together.
And to fill the inside, I did a very simple matching card.  With minimal layers, 6 fit in just fine.  I added some envelopes to the other side.

Thanks for stopping by.
{Card Box Supplies - all by PTI unless noted}
Stamps: Damask Designs (sentiment)
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla (SU!), Chocolate Remix (plaid patterned), Dark Chocolate
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!)
EMbelleishments: Chocolate Chhip grosgrain (SU!), Chocolate Corduroy buttons (SU!)
Tools: ALl Boixed Up My Timeless Template, craft blade, Scor-Pal, sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment