Monday, April 27, 2009

Remember

In this post, I showed a card file and cards I made for a friend's mom.  Its with mixed emotions I made this card for my friend:
My friend's mom died on Thursday.  I say it is with mixed emotions, because her death was quite peaceful and pain-free, and in these cases that is what you want.  My friend is doing pretty well, since they did have time to prepare.  I'm sure it will be harder in coming weeks, once all the family goes back home and things aren't as hectic.  So I wanted her to have something to encourage her when that time comes.
The card base is 4.25" square.  That left me some room to overhang the focal layer and still fit in a standard envelope.  Inside I stamped a few more poppies and a swirl

{Remember card supplies - all PTI unless noted}
Stamps: Remember
Paper: True Black, Stampers Select White, Real Red (SU!)
Ink: (All SU!) Basic Black, Real Red Mellow Moss
Accessories: Pure Poppy dotted satin ribbon
Tools: Scalloped and regular square nestabilities, Big Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment