Sunday, April 5, 2009

Another Raspberry Suite Color Challenge

I am finding the color challenges that Dawn McVey has been posting to be extremely inspiring! I don't mess with color much - just generally go to my faves (the earth elements - love those spice colors!) So getting out of my rut and trying somehting new is wonderful. This week Dawn gave us 5 colors to incorporate:
I immediately thought of the baby wipe technique but struggled a little to get the rest of the card together. I kept thinking of sherbet, then remembered my Sparkling Summer set and went with the popsicles.

You can just notice the shine on the 'sicles. I coated them with Crystal Effects after the ink had dried.

I used Riding Hood Red, Cameo Coral, and Pretty in pink. I also decided I only wanted to use kraft as an accent so you can just see it peeking out on the focal layer.
This a card with several "firsts" on it. Its the first time I've sewn on paper. Michelle Wooderson has inspired me so much in this area. I thought I needed a special sewing machine, but from reading her blog I learned I could just use my regular one. I thought I really needed to know how to sew ... I've never been very good at sewing straight but I think it paid off here :o) I think you'll see more sewing in the future!

I also wanted vanilla hardware, but alas, only order the brushed silver. So .... I made my own. I heat embossed the tag and brads with SU! vanilla EP.

Thanks for stopping by.

{Just Because supplies - all supplies SU! unless noted}
Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages (PTI), Sparking Summer
Ink: Reinkers in Riding Hood Red, Cameo Coral, and Pretty Ink, Momento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Copic markers popsicles sticks adn shadow)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kraft, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Brushed Silver Hodge Podge Hardware, Vanilla EP, thred
Tools: heat tool, sewing machine, aqua painter
Technique: Baby Wipe stripes

6 comments:

  1. I have no sewing skills, and love to see when people have sewn on their cards. The stitching goes great on this one. Love the shimmer on the popsicles! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card using so many cool techniques! Love that you made your own embossed HPH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dsp and the popsicles are fab! You rocked Dawn's color combo!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! I love how you framed the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool...no pun intended! I love the look of the popsicles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Love it! I did a popsicle card last week. So fun!

    ReplyDelete