Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wedding Life

... sigh ...

A good friend of mine asked me if I would make her wedding invitations. I decided to make that my gift to her. I asked her permission first to post this, and she said by all means, so here they are (I think they even look pretty just sitting in the box!)

She wanted just random wild flowers and Life was just the perfect set for this. In fact, I had ordered the set but hadn't received it when I suggested it to her. I showed her the images online - she loved it from just that one look!
This was a multi -step process though because of all the stamping.
I first stamped the leaves on the back of the vellum using old olive ink. I let these dry for several hours because I didn't want to risk any smudges or smears.
Then I inked up the tall flower (is it lavendar? I made it orange :o). I used pumpkin pie ink and an always artichoke marker for this. Stamped these images and again let dry, this time over night because it was late and I was tired.
For the final step I used summer sun and rock-n-rolled it with pumpkin pie on the small wild flower in the set (the clear stamps made this a cinch). Then I inked up the stem of the flower with always artichoke and stamped away.
I was prepared for a 4th step, but this seemed to fill everything in nicely.
When this was all dried and the announcement part was printed, I tied them together with Ripe Avocado satin ribbon.
My friend love them and I think I found a new stamping niche ... now I'm helping another friend make invites for her son's wedding. And another friend asked if I could make her invites too.
{Wedding Invitation supplies}
Stamps: Life (PTI)
Paper:Vintage Cream, Vellum Cardstock (PTI!)
Ink:Old Olive, ALways Artichoke, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie (SU!)
Accesories: ripe avocado satin ribbon
Tools: double circle punch

1 comment:

  1. These turned out so absolutely lovely! Wow! These might be the most beautiful wedding invitations I've ever seen. I love the colors you used for all of the flowers, and then the satin ribbon at the top is a great, finishing, elegant touch!

    ReplyDelete