Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Other kinds of assistance

Admin Assistant Day is coming up on April 22 (also my youngest's birthday and Earth Day).  We have all kinds of assistants where I work.  One group, the Engineering Project Assistants, keep all our many documents in order.  Since we have to certify our equipment with the FAA, its very important to have your documents in order.  And, boy howdy, do we have a lot of them!

I don't think there is a formal Engineeing Assistant Appreciation day (although ladies - it should be every day!), so I decided to make them something for Admin Assistants Appreciation day.  I hope they don't mind.

I used the Desk Organizer template from My Timeless Templates and made some bright springy cards and matching holder.  I printed the template on Summer Sun card stock.

This template was sooo easy to make.  I decorated the top with a strip to match the cards and added some New Leaf twill tape to hide the upper seam.  I did stamp on the front and back of the vellum to make it look more shadowed.  I used the darker ink on the back so it still showed through, but less intense.
The cards were also very simple.  I used the Life stamp set and stamped on PTI Linen vellum.  One technique I used was "rock and roll" on the flowers.  I love the clear stamps for that.  I got the flower inked up with SU! Summer Sun and then rolled the flower in Pumpkin Pie.  I finished up inking the stem with Old Olive then stamped and repeated.  I had been trying to get this effect with markers and it just didn't look blended.  but rocking & rolling sure made it look smooth!
Thanks for stopping by!
{Desk Organizer & Card supplies }
Stamps: Life, Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Summer Sun (box), So Saffron (card) Whisper White (SU!), Linen Vellum (PTI)
Ink: Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Alwasy Artichoke, Old Olive (SU!)
Embellishments: New Leaf twill
Tools: oval punch

No comments:

Post a Comment