Monday, April 20, 2009

Birthday Presents

My youngest will be 14 this week ... eek!  I haven't gotten that much older!  All she wants for her birthday is a guitar and since I won't be able to get out and get one pick out before the big day, I am falling back on this gift set.
The box is using My Timeless Templates - For Keep{sake}.  Erin's favorite color is black.  She actually hates pinks unless its paired with black so I felt safe with the color combo.  The card was inspired by some samples Dawn McVey did a while back.  I have a tough time playing with patterns and so I thought this was a chance to play around.
For the box itself I used True black card stock.  I printed the template on copy paper then marked it off on the black.  I stamped Polka Dot Basics using SU! craft white.  The lid is raspberry fizz.
Instead of cutting out the holes on the template, I decided to just add a focal layer.  I used raspberry fizz and a scalloped rectangle nestie.  I cut out a white regular rectangle as well then stamped Guidelines 2 in black ink.  I added some hot pink flourishes and finished it off with pink rhinestones from Martha Stewart that I just picked up at Mike's and dotted raspberry fizz ribbon
The card is another clear acetate card.  I angle cut a lot of different papers, some patterned paper and some of my own making.
I finished it off with some PTI vintage buttons in white, black and pink (hibiscus burst)
Oh and in case any one thinks she is getting gyp'd - she won't just be getting an empty box.  She is getting her cell phone back.  It was taken away a while back for - um - misuse and she has earned it back.  I thought it would make a nice replacement birthday present until she and I can go guitar shopping.
{Birthday Card Supplies - all PTI unless noted}
Stamps: Friends til the End, Guidelines 2, Damask Designs (sentiment)
Ink: Basic Black, Craft White (SU!)
Paper: Clear Acetate, Raspberry Fizz, True Black, White, Dotted Black and Dotted Raspberry Fizz;  Regal; Rose (SU!)
Extras:Vintage buttons, dotted black stain ribbon, black gingham ribon (SU!)
{Birthday Box Supplies - all PTI unless noted}
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Guidelines 2, Damask Designs (sentiment)
Ink: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Craft White (SU!)
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, True Black, White,
Extras:Vintage buttons, dotted raspberry fizz stain ribbon, My Timeless Template For Keepsake, Martha Stewart Rhinestones, Scalloped & regular rectangle nestabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment