Monday, May 4, 2009

Father's Day Stamp Camp project

I hold a monthly card making class at work over a lunch hour. We make 2 cards and its a great way to get together and get away from the pressures of work for a little while. Its been really fun and I've met some great people who are now very good friends. Its also quite interesting to watch engineers who are logical and straight-line thinking kinda of people pick up a stamp and do random background stamping. I've had people tell me "I can't do that" and not mean the stamping, but the random pattern creating.

This month we're going easy on the random and making a father's day project with Melissa Bickford's Men of Life stamp set


I've been playing around with this 4.25" square layout. I love that there is enough room to write a little note inside, but that you can overhang the focal layer and still fit in a standard envelope.

For this little guy, I stamped the boat and sails in chocolate chip, then paper pieced the sail in the manly striped patterned paper from SU!. I cut the image and layer using oval nesties. I tried to used the nestie as a mask and do a little coloring. It worked OK, but rubbing with a sponge tended to move the nestie so I got a little smearing at the top ... one more reason I need an air brush system ;o)

The sentiment was stamped in chocolate chip as well.

I finished it off with a punched circle of olive and some of the PTI aqua mist vintage buttons and dotted swiss ribbon I(I love dotted swiss ribbon!!)

Thanks for stopping by!

{Fathers Day card supplies - All PTI unless noted}
Stamps: Men Of Life
Paper: (All SU!) Baja Breeze, Basic Black, Naturals Ivory, Old Olive
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Aqua Mist vintage buttons, aqua mist dotted satin ribbon, natural hemp (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment