Friday, May 15, 2009

My Timeless Template - Guest Star Stamper

For this month's Guest Star Stamper over at Papertrey Ink Nichole added a pretty awesome twist. They have created a special My Timeless Templates Guest Star Stamper category. The winner gets the new unreleased templates plus the opportunity to create something with those new unreleased templates for the Design Ideas that come with them.

Wow! Talk about an opportunity!

I decided to give it a go. I love the templates and they are so easy and so versatile. I needed a small shower gift to go with the kitchen gadgets I had already purchased so I decided to make a card wallet with some custom Thank You cards for the bride-to-be. I had already helped make the wedding and shower invites so I thought Thank Yous were the next in line (besides her future MIL already asked me about making some :o)

I used Plum Pudding CS and dotted satin ribbon to match the invites.


I printed one box from the All Boxed Up template on to Plum Pudding CS. I added a 1 1/2 inch strip of the plum Friends til the End patterned paper to the bottom and around the sides and the box was complete.

For the wrap I was inspired by the Recipe Wrap Up (free template download at PTI) but the size wasn't quite right for this project, so I modified it to create the fold over flap. I adhered a strip of the Friends til the End paper to the back for the wrap so it looks like it goes all the way around.

I machine stitched a border on the wrap and then masked at the stitch line and stamped the Friends til the End flowers randomly to fill in the empty space.

I needed a way to keep it closed so I made a belly band out of Dark Chocolate CS and plum pudding dotted satin ribbon. The flower is from SU! Pretties Kit. I tried dying it with Orchid Opulence ink but it didn't look quite right so I mixed in some perfect plum and I think I got a pretty close match. I finished the flower with a yummy chocolate vintage button that I threaded with linen thread. I also added a few lavendar rhinestones form Martha Stewart.

Inside I make a set of 8 simple Thank You cards tying the Friends til the End patterned paper and stamping together :

I used the sentiment from Damask Designs - love the font in that set!!!

So here is my project all together ...


Thanks for stopping by!

{Card Wallet Supplies ... All PTI unless noted}
Stamps: Friends til the End, Damask Designs (sentiment)
Ink: (All SU!) Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Orchid Opulence (to dye flower)
Paper: Plum Pudding, Friends til the End patterned, Stampers Select White, Dark Chocolate
Embellishements: Flower (SU!), Rhinestones (Martha Stewart)
Tools:My Timeless Template - All Boxed Up

No comments:

Post a Comment