Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Stuff!!

So I got my box of new stuff from Papertrey yesterday and had to make something right away. I wanted to play with the star prints to make a card for an upcoming class.I stamped the number filled star randomly in red, navy and river rock. I also got the tea dye set and decided to make it look all old and vintage-y. The tea dying was SO simple. The ink is thin and really wet, so you just rub it on the card stock and voila! I did both the chamomile and the chai. I tried to get a picture, but it is much darker in real life. (the flash washed it out some)

I used Background Basics: Text Style on the red layer. This comes with 3 different fonts so I used the most scripty looking to add to the vintage feel. I did a little chai tea dye on the edge of the red layer as well. I also got the vintage wood buttons in my wonderful box and used those in this hemp & button detail.

Thanks for stopping by.

{Wish Big supplies - all PTI unless noted}
Stamps:Star Prints, Background Basics:Text Style
Ink: (All SU!) Real red, Night of Navy, River Rock, white stazon
Paper:Kraft, Pure Poppy, white
Embellies:Tea Dye Duo, hemp, vintage wood buttons.
Tools: scalloped edge punch (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment