Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Grad Card Week - Day 3

This graduation card isn't for a sketch challenge - I'm using my new favorite-est 4.25 square card. The patterned layer was made using Background Basics: Retro. It was inspired by a design makeover show I watched on HGTV ... the pattern of silver on brown (even the shape of the pattern) was on a pillow in the make over room. When I saw it I thought - I have a stamp for that!!! I sponged teh edges with silver as well, to soften it up a little.

I love the silver on the chocolate.


The focal layer was stamped in Momento Tuxedo black ink and colored with Copics. I also added some liquid glue and microbeads to the flower centers to give it some sparkle and texture. The sentiment for this card is so true of the recipient ... there is no one like her!


Inside I added some more blossoms, so it wouldn't be bare. I'm starting to not like bare insides for cards!


Thanks for stopping by.


{No one like you Card Supplies - All PTI unless noted}
Stamps: Background Basics Retro, Friends til the End
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, SU! Silver metallic
Paper:Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate, True Black, White
Embellies:Micro beads

No comments:

Post a Comment