Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spotlighting

I was checking out Gina K's blog and she was talking about the "oldies but goodies" - that first stamping technique you learned that really helped you on your way to where you are now. One of the first things I learned was spotlighting - where you stamp in a monochrome dark neutral and then stamp again, cut out a piece and color it to really show off that particular area of the image.
I decided to do that with my latest SU! order. I thought the Branch Out set would be perfect for this.


I stamped the tree image in Chocolate Chip, making sure the the part of the tree I wanted to spotlight was what I stamped on my small square. I added some Kiwi Kiss and Old Olive "leaves" on the spot light image to give it a pop of color. This stamp set comes with a great "splatter" pattern stamp that I used for the leaves.
The spotlight image is adhered with a foam dimensional to set it off a little more.
I needed a simple thank you card so I added a sentiment from my other new stamp set - Flight of the Butterfly.

I added some butterfly groups in chocolate chip to the large image and 1 in Riding Hood Red to the spot light image ... it really jumps out atcha don't you think!



This card just reminds me of all the trees I see budding in my neighbor hood, now that we finally seem to be getting some spring time in Iowa!

Thanks for stopping by

{Thank You So Very Much card supplies - All SU!}
Stamps: Branch Out, Flight of the Butterfly (sentiment)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red
Paper: Kiwi Kiss textured, Chocolate Chip, white

No comments:

Post a Comment