Saturday, May 16, 2009

More graduation cards

I decided this year not to make traditional graduation cards. These next few card are all pretty non-traditional.

First up is one inspired by this card by Dawn McVey. I changed up the colors and the size. This one is for a foreign exchange student that attends my church. She is graduating from high school then returning to Russia.

I love the button and ribbon treatment Dawn used so kept that, but used my eyelet punch from SU! instead of a standard scalloped edge punch.
Inside I continued the patterned paper and brown swirl pattern.
{Good Luck Card supplies - all PTI unless noted}
Stamps: Mega Mixed Messages (PTI), Flourishes (Autumn Leaves)
Paper: Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Tea Leaves patterned - poppy, Spring Moss (PTI), Naturals Ivory (SU!)
Ink:Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Tools: Labels One nestabilities, Big Shot, eyelet punch (SU!)
Embellies: Real Red grosgrain (SU!), chocolate vintage buttons (PTI)

This next card is for my nephew. I was trying to have a "theme" of winter, spring/summer, and fall to go with the "future endeavors" of the sentiment. I showed a friend and she thought it was a beautiful card but the concept was a little too cerebral. We'll see if anybody in my family gets it :o)

I hand wrote the sentiment using a Signo white gel pen. I don't usually like my penmanship, but it turned out OK on this one.


{Future Endeavors Card supplies - all supplies SU!}
Stamps: Branch Out
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red
Paper: Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss textured, Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory
Embellies: Glitter


And finally this card is for a friend of mine who is graduating from college this week. She is a single mom who went back to school at nights to finish her accounting degree. I'm so proud of her!



{Celebrate Today Card supplies}
Stamps: Flourishes (Autumn Leaves), Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Friends til the end Patterned (PTI)
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Tools: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die(SU!), Big Shot
Embellies:Chocolate Satin ribbon, half pearls (pretties kit) (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment