Thursday, May 14, 2009

Grad Card Week - Day 5

This graduation card is for another of the great teens at my church. We have 4 kids graduating this year, plus one exchange student who is leaving to return home to Russia.

For this card I wanted a rustic homespun look. I stamped the SU! Linen background stamp in dark brown on the back of a fabric scrap. The ink was dark enough to bleed through a little so make the muslin take on a lineny look. I then stamped the vine and berries from PTIs Rustic Branches in craft ink onto the front of the fabric. I stamped the berries in cameo coral and the vine in mellow moss. Then I sewed the fabric onto to scrap paper and frayed the edges.

I also sponged the edges of the card base with a little vanilla craft ink


The flowers are vintage buttons in Melon Berry with black gingham ribbon tied in the centers. The background paper is PTIs Green Tea Leaves in Melon Berry. To hide the edge I used my last scrap of chocolate dotted satin ribbon (lucky for me the release party for PTI is Thursday night so I can order some more when I get my new stuff!)


I stamped the vines and berries up the side of the card to carry the theme to the inside of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

{For You graduation card supplies - all PTI unless noted}
Stamps:Rustic Branches
Paper:Kraft, Green Tea Leaves patterned, ivory (SU!)
Ink:(All SU!) Mellow Moss Classic & Craft, Cameo Coral Classic & Craft, Basic Brown, Vanilla Craft
Embellies: melon berry vintage buttons, black gingham ribbon (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment