Monday, May 3, 2010

An Aussie Card

My 17 yr old is going to spend 2 weeks in Australia this summer with a People To People student ambassador delegation.  One of the {many} things we didn't know going into the trip; was that she needed to bring a small token of appreciation for a few people (the coach drivers, their in-country delegate coordinator, and also her home stay family).  I could think of nothing better than to make a little bundle of cards to send over ... who doesnt' like cards?!?!?

Here is one of the ones I've made so far:


For this one I also used an old CPS sketch (CPS #38) that I found while nosing around out on that site.   I used By Definition for the text background (someday I'll go to a junk shop and try and find some old books to use instead like the "pros" :), then covered it with polka dots

The sentiment layer is from the fillable frames collection (the frame is #3, and the sentiment is from #1)


 Since some of the people are getting more cards than others (the home stay family is getting 10), I am doubling up and doing 2 of each design for the larger packs.  For some I will change the sentiment, but for this one I made it a more masculine color scheme.

Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies - all PTI unless noted}
Stamps: By Definition [SU!], Polka Dot Basics #1, Fillable Frames #1, Fillable Frames #3
Ink: True Black, Smoky Shadow, Raspberry Fizz, Old Olive & Night of Navy [SU!]
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Vanilla, Black, Night of Navy & Old Olive [SU!]
Other: Fillable Frames #3 die, Big Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment