Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mothers Day Card



This weeks Sketch For You To Try at Jen Del Muro's blog is wonderful!  Don't you just love all the layers. 

The card I wanted to make just started forming in my head as I was looking at the sketch.  If I would have done everything I planned the first time, I probably wouldn't have had to remake it.  That wasn't a design error, but an execution error (so excited to assemble I forgot to stamp some layers :)





I made this card for my mom for Mother's Day using the sketch and Kim Hughes's paper rose tutorial.


The background is stamped with Fine Lace (retired) and the sentiment is from the new Well Scripted set.  The leaves are from In Bloom and were stamped on avocado Bitty Box paper.  Notice that little scalloped border on the edge ... that is the new early espresso paper - coming in July from SU! (GOR-geous!)



 Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies - SU! unless noted}
Stamps: Fine Lace (retired) Well Scripted, In Bloom [PTI]
Ink: [PTI] Dark Chocolate, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet
Paper:[PTI] Dark Chocolate, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, White, Bitty Box - Ripe Avocado
Other: Scalloped border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment