Saturday, May 22, 2010

Some more grad cards

I have a couple of graduation cards to show tonight.

The first is a complete CASE (Copy And SharE) of  Debbie Olson's card

I actually got my sewing machine back out and sewed the border ... I have had some trouble lately sewing on cards so decided not to do it for a while.  But it turned out well this time.


I also used the new Linen/Canvas impression plate from PTI to make the background.  Sponged the edges with Sahara Sand before I sewed it.  That gorgeous ribbon strip is the satin gray ribbon from SU!


The second card tonight combines a lot of new things ...

I used my new cloud dies to make some paper and some felt clouds.  I used the cut out part to sponge clouds on the background then used my T1 Copic to edge the felt clouds.  I stamped the sun and rays on Summer Sunrise card stock with the same color ink.

The hot air balloon was cut with the balloon die and colored with Copics


Another trick I learned this week was from Michelle Wooderson's grad cards - highlighting a word in the sentiment with a Copic marker


Appropriate since my friend's daughter's name is Skyler


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment