Saturday, May 1, 2010

CPS Sketch

ETA:  I WON!!!  I know its just a random number generator that picked me but I never win stuff like this  Can't wait to see the prize!

I'm coming in late on this one ... I'll chalk it up to being under sedation half the week.  But after the cortisone, my back is pretty much back to normal.  AND since I am relatively pain free and I can go down stairs - I spent much time this weekend in my craft room ... I've missed it so :)

So for the CPS sketch I made this card....

The sketch was a non-standard size which was kinda fun to play with!   Today is also the PTI design team challenge and they were show casing ribbon techniques.  Altho I used twill for a more rustic look, I used this tutorial  from Nichole Heady for the top detail.  Its SO much easier than it looks ... trust me. 

The button in the center of the twill is a little idea I had a while back.  I used my half pearls from SU! Pretties kit and glued it into a rimmed button I had.  Fun huh!

For the sentiment layer I stamped several of the oval frame from SU! Vintage Labels.  Since the layer is so narrow it went off the end, but I like the effect. 

And finally the background I made using my Scor-Pal and Scor-Bug



Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies}
Stamps: Vintage Labels [SU!]
Paper: [PTI] Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet, Vanilla
Ink: [PTI] Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet
Other: Twill, half pearl [SU!], Vintage button [PTI], Scor-Pal & Scor-Bug [ScorPal]

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Great colors! Congrats on the CPS win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love the ribbon! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete