Saturday, May 29, 2010

Belated Birthday for a wonderful friend

I discovered today is a dear friend's birthday ... I can't believe I missed it.

I will give this to her tomorrow at church (hopefully it will make up for being late :) 


I embossed the sentiment and medallion with craft black ink and clear EP ..


I did a lace detail based on this tutorial from Ashley Cannon Newell.  Been dieing to try it since I saw it posted!  Instead of ribbon I used some lace I got from a friend at work.  She was helping clean out her gramma's house and found a bucket of vintage (much of it hand crocheted) lace.  She kindly thought of me and I am most grateful.


I also stitched on it and dared to try a zig zag.  I practiced on scraps a lot before I tried it on the card front, but I am very happy with how it turned  out.

I've also been watching Beate Johns' blog a lot lately and she does such beautiful insides of cards I decided to do that as well ...  a little strip of patterned paper and some zig zags, and there you go!


Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies - SU! unless noted}
Stamps: Take Three: Summer, Fillable Frames #4 [PTI]
Paper: Basic Gray, Nouveau Chic DSP;  Shimmer white, Soft Stone (interior)[PTI]
Ink: Basic Black Craft
Embellies: Ribbon,
Other: Clear Embossing powder, black sewing thread, Fillable frames #4 die [PTI]

No comments:

Post a Comment