Thursday, September 23, 2010

Color Play

I wanted to do some coloring and had this idea (which I've since seen in lots of places all over the crafting world) to cut part of the image outside the actual layer.  Here's what I came up with:


To get the effect, here is what I did:

  1. Cut card base and layers.

  2. Stamp flowers on vanilla layer

  3. Mark with a pencil line where the vanilla layer needs to be cut.

  4. Cut around flowers using a hobby blade. Using a straight edge, cut top of layer.


To get the label effect on the jar I cut a jar form vellum using my jar & lid die.  I then used the back side of the label die to emboss the vellum.  It reminded me of the company name that is part of a mason jar



Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies}
Stamps: Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Fillers, Mega Mixed Messages [Papertrey Ink]

Paper: Spring Moss [Papertrey Ink]; Early Espresso, Very Vanilla [Stampin Up!]
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black [Tsukineko]; Early Espresso [Stampin’ Up!]
Color medium: Sketch Markers YR12, YR15, YR18, YG91, YG93, YG95, C1, E55, E57, E59 [Copic]
Tools: Jar & Lid die, Jar Label die (to emboss jar front) [Papertrey Ink]; Tag Trio [Spellbinders]
Other: Button twine [Papertrey Ink]

No comments:

Post a Comment