Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy New Baby

The challenge for this card was to make a baby card from non-traditional colors.  I don't know how non-traditional this is, but I remember a "new idea" when my girls were littlies.  A particular toy company (can't remember the name) made all their plush toys black and white in bold patterns ... and there was always a spot of red.  The idea was that the sharp contrast was easier for babies to see and so it would stimulate them and they would engage.  And red is just a cool color :)  Here's my baby card version ....


And an "up close and personal" view ...


For the sentiment I made a paper ribbon detail that I have seen on several different blogs.  I didn't have the kind of black ribbon I was looking for so I just used some card stock.

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}

Stamps: Fast and Fun Notes [Stampin’ Up!]
Ink: True Black, Fresh Snow, Pure Poppy [Papertrey Ink]; Real Read marker [Stampin’ Up!]; White gel pen [Signo]; Black pen [Sharpie]
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White [Stampin’ Up!]; Black and White Patterned, Pure Poppy [Papertrey Ink]
Embellishments: Rhinestones [Martha Stewart], Pure Poppy twill [Papertrey Ink]
Tools: Word Window punch, Designer Label Punch [Stampin’ Up!], Sewing machine, white thread, black thread

No comments:

Post a Comment