Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sketch for you to try

I got to play along with the sketch for you to try again this week ..... actually I spent most of the day in my craft room losing track of time and having lots of fun.  This is just one of the projects I made today, but you'll just have to be patient and wait for the others


I felt in a collage mood for this so I got out some black, grey and scarlet ink and my Artistic Etchings stamp set and played around.  The background layer is the Linen impression plate from PTI then I dragged the gray and scarlet ink over it.  The flower is some gray satin ribbon.  I added a strip of Scor Tape to one edge and started wrapping it around on itself ... I think it turned out pretty nice


I also added a wider strip of scor-tape to to the bottom edge of the card and ruffled some more gray satin ribbon on it.  Everything got a spritz of Silver Foil smooch spray too ... love the splattered, grungy feel it gives


This card was screaming to have the inside done up a little too, so I made a collage strip at the top and finished it off with some more satin ribbon


 Now if I just had someone to send it to :)


Thanks for stopping by!!

{Supplies}
Stamps: Artistic Etchings [SU!]
Ink: Smokey Shadow, True Black, Scarlet Jewel [PTI]
Paper: Basic Black, Basic Gray, White [SU!]
Embellies: Basic Gray satin ribbon, Silver Foil smooch spray [SU!], rhinestones [Martha Stewart]
Tools: Lacey Circle, regular circle nestabilities [Spellbinders]

No comments:

Post a Comment