Monday, November 7, 2011

Another Birthday Barrage Card

I think its 6 of 9 ... kinda losing count I just know I have to send one every day so my aunt gets them all by her birthday :)

I was asked to do a tutorial for Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps blog for the "embossed kissing" technique on this card.  I love this organization and all they do for deployed soldiers so I said yes.  This was one of the samples I made for the tutorial and I am using it for the birthday blitz

It's pretty simple really.  In the background you can see the scrap of card stock I embossed with my hounds tooth embossing folder.  Then I stamped the flower in Cherry Cobbler.  Next I stamped the flower on plain card stock (without re-inking) to get that amazing hounds tooth pattern on the flower petals.

I just layered and tied some ribbon after that, so the flower gets to be center stage.

I'm not sure when the tutorial will get posted on the OWH site, but I'll add a link to it when it does.

Thanks for stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment