Sunday, November 6, 2011

A completely unintended side effect


11/13/2011 editted:  A tutorial for this "embossed kiss" technique as I've dubbed it will appear on the Operation Wrote Home Stars & Stamps blog on Nov. 22

I was playing along with the OWH Sunday Sketch, and I decided to make a love card with hearts, even though I know the hearts in the sketch are the embellie of choice.  I'm using the hearts because I'm prepping cards for a women's retreat my church is having this weekend and for free time I am going to have stamping stations that attendees can make OWH valentine's cards for our heroes.  And since ODBD is sponsoring OWH with a love theme, it seemed like a win-win

The card was looking rather plain so I decided to use the square lattice embossing folder for my Big Shot.  Then I decided maybe stamping after I embossed may be cool.  THEN I realized I had a perfect kiss technique card


The little heart was stamped on scrap card stock after stamping on the embossed layer.   Same for the big heart


Here's the whole card.  I {big puffy heart} how this turned out.  I almost never get a clean second image when I try a standard stamp to stamp kiss technique, but stamping first on the embossing work beautifully!

So there will be a box with about 20 of these heading to my shipper sometime next week. 

Thanks for topping!

Supplies:
Paper: Poppy Parade Whisper white [SU!]
Ink: Poppy Parade [SU!]
Stamps: Heart Prints [PTI]
Other: Heart punches [PTI], rhinestone [SU!]

14 comments:

  1. Love the effect of stamping the embossed paper. What a classic card. Hope you enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart heart heart this! Superfantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super pretty! Love those hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen, How great this technique looks on your beautiful card! I really love all the texture and the variations in the stamping. I hope you are all blessed by the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this technique, gives me ideas. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute card. The hearts came out beautifully. Thanks for sharing your techniqiue. I'll have to try that now after seeing how nice your card came out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maureen, what a great card. I usually have a problem with the kissing technique, but you seemed to have it mastered. Good for you. The lattice works so well on this card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this! Don't be surprised if we ask you for a tutorial in the near future, lol! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Maureen! A little bird (coughJuliecough) pointed me to your post. :) Any chance you would like to make this into a Tuesday Tutorial for the S&S blog? (pleasesayyes) Email me at kate@operationwritehome.org? It's easy and painless. Promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The effect of the stamping on the embossing is really neat! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This effect is terrific! I love the dimension it adds to the hearts. I'm glad I have this folder so I can give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great effect, stamping on the embossing...so simple, yet adds so much interest...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. The embossing is very nice.

    ReplyDelete