Saturday, November 5, 2011

MIM and SFYTT November

Today I got to play with the Make It Monday video (making your own backgrounds with multiple stamps) and the November Sketch For You To Try (early even, thanks to a sneak peek post on FB).

I again made a birthday card for my aunt's 90th birthday card barrage (I just like saying that out loud .... birthday card barrage ... see how that just rolls off your tongue!)

I used the digi stamp I selected as my prize for being Queen of the Hoedown this week from Hambo stamps.  I fell in love with the little penguin the first time I saw him!


I also created a custom dotted background using Polka Dot Basics for both the large white strip and the darker enchanted evening background layer.  I stitched the sentiment layer on with a little zig zg stitch.


I colored the Balloon Penguin using T6 and G99 to simulate black.  The balloon is R24, 29, 59 and the feet and beak are a combo of YR18, 15 12.

The sky was B41 and the "iceberg"  was C1, T1 and T4 along with some colorless blending

Thanks for stopping!

3 comments:

  1. You are on a roll tonight! I love this!

    ...and tell Erin she's just silly... =o )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So "cool"! Love your coloring of this cute birthday (barrage)card! :o)

    ReplyDelete