Friday, November 4, 2011

My Aunt's Birthday Card Barrage - Day 1

My aunt Marg will be 90 this month.  She was a big part of my life growing up, being my mom's only sister, and I love her to bits. Her kids send out reminders so we can shower her with cards ... this year it will be a barrage :)

I am planning on sending 9 cards - 1 for each decade.  This one is the first


This is a picture of me about 40 years ago, in front of the twig of a tree in my aunt's back yard.  I know we took a picture of me many {many MANY} years later when my aunt and uncle moved out of this house (the only one they had ever lived in to that point) and moved into  a condo.  My memories of Christmas Day growing up is always at this house and I loved getting pix in front of this tree over the years.

I scanned then printed the photo on white card stock then aged it with Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink.  I used the Photo Finisher dies to cut the label.  The sentiment is from Take Three: Summer and stamped in the distress ink.

Thanks for stopping!

1 comment:

  1. FABULOUS photo card! What a fun idea to barrage your aunt with birthday cards, Maureen. Soooo fun!

    ReplyDelete