Sunday, November 6, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch 140

I follow several "challenge" blogs so when I have time I can stretch my creative wings.  One of those is the Card Patterns sketch challenge.  They do an amazing job every week creating fun and interesting sketches and I'm happy to get to play along this week.

Here is my card for this week's challenge


I  love how this card turned out!  Not to crow too much but I think this might be one of the best cards I've done in a long time (maybe ever)  And it was pretty simple really : 1 main stamp set (Harvest Berries), a sentiment (Birthday Basics) and some ribbon buttons and pearls. 

Colors are Black, White, and Cherry Cobbler

I stamped the solid leaf image from Harvest Berries onto the card base using Cherry Cobbler ink.  I used the lined leaf image for the main focal layer, stamping in True Black.  I masked the circle layer using my nestability and sponged Cherry Cobbler ink over it so the white wasn't quite such a stark contrast


Thanks for stopping!


1 comment:

  1. THIS is wonderful, Maureen! The elegance of your touch and craftsWOmanship really shine here. Thanks for making the Card Patterns sketch truly magical. Inspiration BOTH ways - how rewarding! Love having you play along!

    ReplyDelete