Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A MIM Birthday

I found several very cool sketches last week on a OWH blog hop and I've been working my way through them for the last few days.  Combined with this weeks Make It Monday video about stamping on patterned  paper and I think I've found a fabulous combination for a birthday card.


 I haven't used my TCP stamps in a while and this little birthday bunny is one of my faves.  I started with a Tempting Turquoise card base, then used Raspberry Fizz card stock and dotted patterned paper.  I didn't want to introduce too much color since the raspberry is so bright so I layered the patterned paper with white card stock to set it off but not be too busy.


I used a circle embossing folder for the background layer and added a hint of Delightful Daffodil to make the focal layer pop against the bright pink.    The present stack was colored with Copics: Y13, Y15, BG05, BG07, RV17 and RV19.  The bunny was colored with the Fine Linen copic trio of PTI.
I stamped the sentiment from Think Big Favorites #12 using True Black ink and finished off the sketch using a lot of white twine.

Thanks for stopping!

1 comment: