Thursday, July 5, 2012

OWH Masculine sketch

I had a few birthday cards I needed to make so I used another one of the bonus sketches from the OWH blog hop to make this one

 I wanted a masculine one and saw this great photo on Moxie Fab World last week with old blue barn wood and a row of oars hanging from it.  The first card I tried did NOT turn out  (I won't even post it - it was part of the strawberry troubles last week :) but this time I think it turned out pretty good.
I stamped BB:Farm and Barn (the worn barn wood) stamp using Island Indigo ink on Island Indigo paper.  I then stamped the ships ledger page from The Open See in Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake paper.  I tore the end to make it match the sketch then started distressing with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distressing ink.  I added some ink splots from Happy Trails also using the Tea Dye distressing ink  For the focal layer I stamped the ship in Island Indigo and the ledger page in Antique Linen distressing  ink.  I tore the edge of the focal layer as well in keeping with the distressed them.
Inside I stamped the north star/compass image from The Open Sea in River Rock ink and over stamped the sentiment from Think Big Favorites #12 in Island Indigo.

Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment