Friday, July 27, 2012

Vellum Overlay

I loved the overlay technique that was demonstrated during SAF.  I had a congrats card to make and wanted to try it but I didn't have clear acetate card stock (or white stazon)  I decided to improvise and used vellum and Fresh Snow ink and white EP.

I stamped the BB: Hounds tooth in Fresh Snow then embossed with with white EP.  I cut Aqua Mist card stock about an inch shorter than the vellum (which was cut to A2 size).  I stamped an argyle pattern in Pool Party and Lucky Limeade, although you can't see it well through the vellum (the advantage of the clear acetate :).  I used adhesive behind the hounds tooth pattern to adhere them together and wrapped a Ripe Avocado ribbon around the edge of the embossing.

For the focal layer I die cut Simply Chartreuse and Beautiful Beads patterned papers with the Mat Stack 3 dies.  I punched a 2" circle and die cut the pretty peonies as well.

I created the congratulations banner using Itty Bitty  Banners dies and stamps.

Thanks for stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment