Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Sad Farewell

Said goodbye to my boss yesterday.  Re-orgs have gotten more prevalent in the 25 years I've been working and I've had more bosses in the last 3.5 years than in the 22 years prior to that.  He hired me into my first management position a year ago and has helped me a lot in the transition from engineer to management.  I wanted something masculine, sort of applicable to the industry  and stunningly awesome (that's always a goal)  :)

I started with water color paper and distressed the heck out of it with Tim Holtz's distressing inks in Antique Linen, Vintage Photograph and Tea Dye.  I then tried water embossing BB:Farm and Barn over it.  I got a little pattern, but not as much as I wanted so I added the ships ledger (think pilot log book since I work in aviation), a slab of barn wood at the bottom and ink splats everywhere.
 The compass I stamped in momento tuxedo black and also distressed a little with Tea Dye ink to soften it up a little.  This symbolizes direction (duh) and Jeff guided the department for 3 years, charting our course through some pretty stormy times.
The sentiment is from Giga Guidelines ... its kinda more of a wedding sentiment, but its the closest I had to a congrats sentiment in the size and font I wanted.  The sentiment strip was cut from Holiday Photo Finisher dies.

Thanks for stopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment