Friday, December 24, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful ...

... so the Christmas Eve trip out of town to go see the fam got postponed for a few days.  But that gave me extra time in my craft room, so I made this card:
It was inspired by Dawn McVey's poinsettia card  I fell in love with this card and almost bought the YOF: Poinsettia set, but I decided to wait til the whole year (YOF=Year of Flowers by the way) is available and I have nothing else I want, and then I'll just buy them all at once.

Since I restrained myself (for a change) I did not have the same flower, but used In Bloom instead.  The blossom is a little smaller, but I think it still works.



To make it a little different I stamped the blossom also on a piece of scrap and colored it to match, then popped it up on some foam tape to add a little dimension.

Thanks for stopping by

{Supplies - PTI unless noted}
Stamps: In Bloom, Background Basics: Music
Ink: Dark Chocolate; Tuxedo Black [Tsukineko]
Paper: Dark Chocolate; Rose Red, Whisper White [SU!]
Other: Sketch Markers: R83, R85, R89, C1 [Copic]

No comments:

Post a Comment