Thursday, December 23, 2010

Starting Valentine Card Season Out With Glitter

Operation Write Home will be sending thousands of valentines to deployed soldiers.  Here is one that I am sending in


Valentines should be sparkly shouldn't they.  But glitter is a major no-no for OWH because it can call flake off and became a hazard for the soldier (it reflects light and can make the soldier a target in a night vision scope, making glitter beautiful but deadly in this arena).  So you can imagine how excited I was when I saw glitter paper in the SU! spring mini (available January 4).  Another benefit of being a demonstrator is I get to order early!

Seriously its so sparkly it looks like Dorothy's shoes in the Wizard of Oz!  But I love red, I love sparkle and I love this card....



A friend and I will be hosting an OWH valentines party next week, so I'll be posting the cards we're making over the next few days.  I'll try and get pix f the party itself, but I usually end up getting caught up in the fun and forget to capture it on film :)

Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies - all SU! unless noted}
Stamps: Banner Builder, Fillable Frames #2 (sentiment) [PTI]
Ink: Real Red Craft, Basic Black
Paper: Glitter Red (coming soon), Whisper White
Other: Letterpress plate: Lots of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment